[Pdx-pm] the quest for return_if

benh ben.hengst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:17:41 PDT 2007

[colin]humm... goto looks like I could be worth a stab.

[tom] the way that I was thinking of things is that it would just be
shorthand for:

vaule_of_function = function();
return value_of_function if defined value_of_function;

so that I would not have to write things twice, also save me a line,
or at least thats what started all of this.

as for what would happen, the same as the normal return val if
defined(val); it would return at that point or would continue to the
next line. So your extra_tricky example would looks like it would
always end up with 'ANOTHER_ONE' instead of the 'SOME_EXPR' like I was
thinking, or would the last end the block that it was called from...
if so then I guess I'm really just looking to build a last_if.

any who thanks so much for the post, I'll go a poking at the code see
what comes up.

--
benh~