[Pdx-pm] Getting Started with CPAN

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 23:56:16 PDT 2007

# from Joshua Keroes
# on Tuesday 12 June 2007 07:33 pm:

>You *could* use the Mac Case-Sensitive FS but then (apparently due to
> Adobe *trying* to break things) you can't run Photoshop. Seriously,
> it requires a case-insensitive FS. *bonk bonk bonk*

bonk.

I'll put that on the list of hates.  Right next to "choose a volume on
which to install this software" ... "you idiot, you have to install it
on the primary volume, so I'll ask you to choose again and you better
get it right this time!"

bonk.

Thus the desire to install linux and run os x virtualized on top of
that.  i.e. "As little interaction with the mac as possible."  The
internets are telling me that's a no-go though.

Ditto for "cross-compiling perl+modules".  Ugh.  Cross-compiling is old
hat (plus it's all x86 anyway so we're really only talking about
"cross-linking") and perl is cross platform+interpreted, so "in theory"
this should be a piece of cake, right?

--Eric
--
If the above message is encrypted and you have lost your pgp key, please
send a self-addressed, stamped lead box to the address below.