[Pdx-pm] semiautomatic module downloader

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:03:33 PDT 2007

# from Randal L. Schwartz
# on Wednesday 06 June 2007 09:42 am:

>Yes, it's called "CPAN.pm" or "CPANPLUS.pm", and is smart enough to
> run a Makefile.PL or Build.PL that is bundled with your properly
> created installation's .tar.gz.  From there, the right CPAN modules
> are downloaded if necessary

Iff you're running the install starting from the CPAN(PLUS) shell.

What about installing a local tarball that doesn't live on CPAN? (or
isn't there yet)  That is, how do you install from
file:///tmp/Some-Dist.tar.gz without reconstructing a cpan mirror?

But, I think Keith is talking about an even less organized situation
like some_random_script.pl which ships without any packaging.  In that
case, Module::ScanDeps would probably be what you need.

--Eric
--
So malloc calls a timeout and starts rummaging around the free chain,
sorting things out, and merging adjacent small free blocks into larger