[Pdx-pm] The Perl 5 Wiki

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Jul 8 20:40:47 PDT 2007

>>>>> "Andy" == Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> writes:

Andy> A distraction from what?

The ones already established.  If they didn't get critical mass, it's more
useful to keep pointing at them until they do than to set up Yet Another Try.

A wiki is successful when it has a critical mass of eyeballs.  Too Many Wikis
means none of them succeed.  I was just curious about whether Schwern was
deliberately ignoring the existing ones in favor of "Not Invented Here", or
actually had a general plan for success to get the critical eyeball count in
place.  Or something else in mind entirely.  If it's Just Another Wiki, I'll
ignore it, even to the point of not talking about it, or even actively talking
negative about it.  But if there's a plan to make it work, I'll help.

Andy> Projects succeed based on the number of tries, not the best  planning.

I'll respectfully disagree, but if this is your philosophy, please don't
invite me to be on one of your projects. :)