[Pdx-pm] Apache, mod_perl, Catalyst, qx, and the ampersand

Kris Bosland krisb at ring.org
Mon Jan 8 16:01:42 PST 2007

You should see if you can get the POST info out of the relevant filehandle
with CGI.pm like this:

CREATING A NEW QUERY OBJECT FROM AN INPUT FILE

     $query = new CGI(INPUTFILE);

If you provide a file handle to the new() method, it will read parameters
from the file (or STDIN, or whatever). The file can be in any of the forms
describing below under debugging (i.e. a series of newline delimited
TAG=VALUE pairs will work). Conveniently, this type of file is created by
the save() method (see below). Multiple records can be saved and restored.

Perl purists will be pleased to know that this syntax accepts references
to file handles, or even references to filehandle globs, which is the
``official'' way to pass a filehandle:

    $query = new CGI(\*STDIN);

You can also initialize the CGI object with a FileHandle or IO::File
object.

-Kris