[Pdx-pm] Loading modules from Storable

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 15:10:12 PST 2007

At work, we are storing objects with the Storable and then restoring
them in separate processes.  The objects can be of arbitrary classes
and include objects of classes that aren't loaded statically.  How do
we load the modules to make the objects work?

There doesn't seem to be a way to get the list of loaded classes from
Storable. Right now, we are using Class::Autouse superload which adds
an UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD method to load all classes on load.  Ideally,
we could have something that would work with Storable hooks by
dynamically loading the modules before looking for the hooks.

 - Ian