[Pdx-pm] sneaking tests into work

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Wed Feb 21 10:11:22 PST 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 08:17, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> The argument I like to use is that "non-productive" items like "commenting"
> or "indenting" or "version control" are not separate line items either.
>  Why should testing be?

Because why would you write code that doesn't work?  That's just silly.  Don't
you know what it needs to do?  What's all this "I'm done... I just need to
clean it up a little and test it" stuff?  Either you're done or you're not.

Programmers tend to do a lousy job of actually communicating what it takes to
finish a feature.  I wonder if we suffer from that when non-programmers
disbelieve us.

-- c