[Pdx-pm] sneaking tests into work

Ovid publiustemp-pdxpm at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 01:13:09 PST 2007

--- Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're under a lot of time pressure, you might be told that you
> shouldn't be stopping to write tests.  In this case, making them part

> of your development should help.

When I first learned testing, I made the mistake of including the time
for that as a separate line item on an estimate I turned in.  My boss
scratched it off.  Ever since then, I folded "time for testing" into
any estimate I turned in.

After a while, you realize that writing the code and writing the tests
are really the same thing so trying to even consider them as *not* part
of development is a mistake.

Cheers,
Ovid

--