[Pdx-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] Quality of CPAN modules, CPAN::Reporter

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:17:56 PDT 2006

Anyone using CPAN::Reporter?

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------

Subject: [pm_groups] Quality of CPAN modules, CPAN::Reporter
Date: Monday 25 September 2006 04:41 am
From: "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab at gmail.com>
To: "PM Groups" <pm_groups at pm.org>

Hi,
I am not sure if all the pm lists are suitable for advancing specific
Perl and CPAN realted issues. On Israel.pm this seems to be acceptable.
(I accept it anyway :-) I have justs sent the following to our mailing
 list. If you feel it suitable, plase forward to your mailing list.
  Gabor
  ----------------------------------------- cut here
---------------------------------------

Hi,

In my Perl courses people always ask me about the quality of the
CPAN modules. One of the key things I am pointing at is CPAN Testers
http://testers.cpan.org/

It's a great resource for both module authors and module users.

The biggest problem with it was so far that relatively few people sent
 in reports, partially because CPANPLUS was required for that.

Recently I started to use CPAN::Reporter
http://search.cpan.org/dist/CPAN-Reporter/
that works with the regular CPAN.pm module. Once installed it
will send success and failure report on each one of the modules you
 install.

That is with an initial minor work - installing CPAN::Reporter - you
 will be sending test reports and help the effort of making CPAN a
 better place.

You can watch the queue of the incoming test reports here:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/
and check that your test reports are showing up a few minutes
after you sent them.

If anyone needs help setting it up, just post a note here or here
http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/CPAN-Reporter

Gabor
Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org

pm_groups mailing list
pm_groups at pm.org

If the above message is encrypted and you have lost your pgp key, please
send a self-addressed, stamped lead box to the address below.