[Pdx-pm] OT: Escaping Comcast?

Michael G Schwern schwern at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:09:20 PST 2006

Nick Welch wrote:
> Hevanet looks good.. and the name seems vaguely familiar, so I may have
> heard about them in the past.  When Qwest says 256/256, is that the
> minimum guaranteed speed, or the maximum?

AFAIK its the max guaranteed.

FWIW, Hevanet has this up on DSLNorthwest: they handle all the dealings with Qwest.  I had to talk with Qwest separate from DSLNorthwest to get the DSL line setup.

    Hevanet will take care of all the details for you. You don't even need to talk to Qwest.
    In fact, it is better if you don't, as they may make a mistake in assigning the ISP.