[Pdx-pm] OT: Resume Formats

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Mar 28 10:42:30 PST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 19:28, Brendan Leber wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I've come to realize that my current resume is not helping me to find a
> job.  I'm getting lots of responses but not for the kind of jobs I would
> like.  So I'm rewriting it.  I've finished updating the content but I
> would like to update format.  Does anyone have a format/layout they
> wouldn't mind pointing out or sharing?  I would like to find a format that
> works well in HTML and Word so I can post my resume on my web site and
> email it to HR people.

I suggest you use XHTML, and stick to a basic valid subset of it. HTML can be
placed on the web (naturally) and can also be imported into MS Word and other
word processors. It's the universal standard.

Note that some word processors may bork on the HTML if it has an XML
declaration (e.g: <?xml version='1.0' ?>). So just remove it and it will be
imported fine.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish (whose resumés are in HTML)

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il