[Pdx-pm] April Meeting

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:12:21 PST 2006

It is somewhat ironic that you would ask for Ogg format and then
suggest NetMeeting.  You do mean GnomeMeeting, right?  :)

And, Roderick stated it well:  I would much prefer Ogg as well but the
realities are that MP3 is the de facto standard, so I have to do MP3,
and adding Ogg would require an extra production step.  You are
welcome to grab the MP3s and transcode to Ogg if you'd like to do
that.  There would be a loss in quality, but no one so far has
attempted to play live Chopin, so it should be OK.

Doing a vodcast is much more complicated but I am working on a good
solution.  Check out http://webcastinabox.com for more on this soon.

Chris