[Pdx-pm] Win32 network files

Dennis McNulty dennis at giantfir.com
Fri Mar 24 17:07:57 PST 2006

What works for me for ActiveState Perl is to set up a Windows "share" on
the target Win machine + folder combo, assign the share name with a
drive letter on the local machine, then in the Perl script, refer to
that drive letter - example: "P:\\folder\\file.ext" . You could do the
assignment in Perl by making a system() call with command argument "NET
USE <drv_ltr> \\\\machine\\share". I think MS DOS boxes can only access
remote drives using this method.

- Dennis McNulty