[Pdx-pm] Social meeting for Powell's event this saturday

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Mar 22 12:43:12 PST 2006

Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing at gmail.com> writes:
Eric> 4pm?  R&R?  LL?  I have no idea how long Perl in the Pearl lasts and I'm
Eric> still clueless as to what's the party (or is that the 1pm thing?)  The
Eric> gogopuffs.com site doesn't have much info either.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:00:10AM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> It goes until the last geek is left standing!

Apropos of almost nothing, the other night my wife and I watched as
much as we could stand of Donovan's Reef.  The theme song is something
called Pearly Shells.  The words (english and hawai'ian) are out on
the web, and there are even MP3s (including instrumental only).

The thought of Randal showing up at Powells in a grass skirt, and
doing a Karaoke version of Perl-y Shells, makes my brain clench.

Keith