[Pdx-pm] ppml creation/processing w/ perl

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Mar 16 12:08:07 PST 2006

I looked on CPAN for modules to create ppml ( Personal Printer Markup
Language ) files but had no luck.

Does anyone know of a _really_ new or undocumented project for ppml coding?

Currently we're using XMPIE to create ppml files for our digital press.
  But it is slow ... really slow ( about 20 minutes for 100 covers ) and
the server version -- besides coming with quite a few bells and whistles
we don't need -- is expensive.

Since we don't use most of the logic that the XMPIE software provides
and we can do in our code anyway I was thinking it could be generated
much faster using perl.

This ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks,
Rod