[Pdx-pm] Regular expressions from XS (was March Meeting)

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Wed Mar 1 11:11:42 PST 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 10:26 AM, David Wheeler wrote:

> There must be a way to get at them from C.

There has to, but whatever it is, it's not documented.  I tried to
google up some clarity on this issue, but all I came up with was one
offhand reference to "faking an op" in a September 2004 Nick Ing-
Simmons post to p5p. <http://www.mail-archive.com/perl5-
porters at perl.org/msg81358.html>

I figure it's not documented because the API's unstable, unwieldy,
ugly, or whatever, and therefore shouldn't be made public.
Spelunking the perl source might tell me why, but I'm not sure where
to start.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/