[Pdx-pm] March Meeting

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:42:06 PST 2006

# from Marvin Humphrey
# on Wednesday 01 March 2006 10:13 am:

>Maybe you can explain to me why regular expressions are not available
>   from Perl's C API.

Hmm.  That's a little out of the scope that I had planned, but I suppose
I could throw in a tour of perlguts et al as an overview of what's
going on under the hood.

If someone more versed in the deep voodoo wants to throw me a bone on
how one might hook-in the regex engine via C, maybe I can work that in
as well.

This is either going to be mind-blowing or mind-blowingly boring :-)
I'll try to get a synopsis out to the list soon.

--Eric
--
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a
desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.