[Pdx-pm] Venezuelan geeks coming to town

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jul 12 23:06:37 PDT 2006

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Zucker <jeff at vpservices.com> writes:

Jeff> I've been involved for the past couple of years working with Free/Open
Jeff> Source Software developers in Venezuela and will be moderating an OSCON
Jeff> panel on what's going on down there.  Two Venezuelan geeks (including
Jeff> ait from perlmonks) will be coming up for the panel and we'll also be
Jeff> doing a community presentation for those that can't make OSCON (details
Jeff> to be announced soon).

Jeff> I had planned to put them up at my place but some personal events have
Jeff> made it difficult for me to house both of them so I'm wondering if any
Jeff> of you would be willing to house one of them for four or five days
Jeff> during OSCON.  They're fluent in English, involved in OS, and great
Jeff> guys.  If you might be able to provide housing, please contact me ASAP.

I've been asked to be a keynote speaker at their equivalent of OSCON in a few
months.  What an interesting exchange.