[Pdx-pm] parsing a MIME message

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jan 4 17:54:04 PST 2006

>>>>> "Tech" == Tech Dude <techdude at dpo.org> writes:

Tech> I need to parse an email message which may be plain text or MIME  to
Tech> get the header info and the text/plain content.  I'm trying to use
Tech> MIME::Parser to do this but I'm confused about the objects I end up
Tech> with,
Tech> and am hoping someone can get me over the hump.

Tech> $mime_object = MIME::parse ->new();
Tech> $entity= $mime_object->parse(\*FH); #parse the mail message

The output of that is a MIME::Entity (yes, the manpage of MIME::Parser
is a bit obscure).

What part of MIME::Entity's manpage is the most confusing?