[Pdx-pm] Fwd: Genomics at OHSU

Thomas J Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Mon Nov 28 11:02:26 PST 2005

Hi All,
This is probably cheating. Tough, defending Perl against this Python
snob should get you riled up enough to burn up a few of those T-day
calories. So help me out here. Any other good arguments for this in
house discussion? The fellow I got into this with is an Assistant
Professor  in the Medical Informatics program. I'd like him to get
over his dislike for Perl.

What occurs to me to say is that if you can't understand someone
else's perl code, they either didn't intend you to, or they were too
short-sighted to write it properly. And what I like about Perl is
that I can do anything with it that needs to be done. (I usually have
to ask some help from the highly vaunted perl mongers of course.)

Tom

Begin forwarded message: