[Pdx-pm] Scripting/testing ncurses interface with perl-expect

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Mon Nov 14 12:10:56 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:00:52PM -0800, Ovid wrote:
> --- Austin Schutz <tex at off.org> wrote:
>
> > 	I'm not sure what 'TUI' means, but I have used expect to capture
> > data from network devices which only supported curses.
>
> Oh, Austin.  You're going to kick yourself.  Here's a hint:  A "TUI" is
> not a "GUI" (and Ben was talking about Curses) :)

	"Ouch".

	Well google shows a few, from "tangible" to "text" to "telephony"
to "terminal".
	I'm thinking "terminal" is probably most applicable here, and
I probably could have figured it out for myself.. never seen it called
that before though. Well, come to think of it I'm not sure what I've seen
it called, so maybe I have and just didn't know it...

	Austin