[Pdx-pm] CGI.pm -- names verses ids

Roderick A. Anderson raa at mailporter.net
Tue May 3 16:39:31 PDT 2005

While going over a form and trying to get the document "more" XHTML-ish
I realized I'm confused or uninformed of how a browser ( is suppose to )
passes form information to a CGI script if there is no name attribute
for the element -- input, select, etc?

Not to mention it is getting rather tedious typing both a name and id
attribute for almost every form element.  So what is suppose to happen
when I click [Submit] on my form and I only have an id attribute for an
element?

I have plan but I'm hoping for an already thought-out/official solution.

Cheers,
Rod
--
---