[Pdx-pm] Even more inline testing

Kris Bosland krisb at ring.org
Fri Jun 17 14:34:20 PDT 2005

	Say, the wacky filehandle tying you are doing in pod2test*, does
that work on Win32 perl?  I would like to capture test results from the
inline test I am working on so I can massage them before printing.

Thanks.

-Kris

* e.g.

package Catch;

sub TIEHANDLE {
    my($class, $var) = @_;
    return bless { var => $var }, $class;
}

sub PRINT  {
    my($self) = shift;
    ${'main::'.$self->{var}} .= join '', @_;
}

sub OPEN  {}    # XXX Hackery in case the user redirects
sub CLOSE {}    # XXX STDERR/STDOUT.  This is not the behavior we want.

sub READ {}
sub READLINE {}
sub GETC {}
sub BINMODE {}

my $Original_File = '%s';

package main;

# pre-5.8.0's warns aren't caught by a tied STDERR.
$SIG{__WARN__} = sub { $main::_STDERR_ .= join '', @_; };
tie *STDOUT, 'Catch', '_STDOUT_' or die $!;
tie *STDERR, 'Catch', '_STDERR_' or die $!;