[Pdx-pm] Even more inline testing

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 16 14:07:17 PDT 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Kris Bosland
# on Thursday 16 June 2005 01:59 pm:

>Motivation: I am writing a CGI program that may
>end up getting moved alot, and I don't want to
>juggle a group of files with test files, etc.

One suggestion:  symlink to the program.

I know.  It doesn't do what you said you want to.  Sorry.

It depends on whether you want to make/Build this thing in the "normal"
way, but my first thought is that you are going to end up juggling some
set of files if you do have any kind of build system and that you might
as well go with the flow.  If inline testing ultimately gives you a way
to 'make test' or './Build test', then I guess go for it.

--Eric
--
"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many
rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."