[Pdx-pm] Big tied arrays

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Mon Jun 13 10:41:12 PDT 2005

Greets,

I've got a tied array class that can grow to a very large size (using
multiple files) mostly written.  Am I reinventing the wheel?  I
haven't tracked anything like it down on CPAN so far.  In a nutshell,
the scheme uses index files which store lookup data (filenum, offset,
length) against the data files, allowing storage of arbitrary
content.  Deletions don't disappear from the data files unless you
optimize the whole thing.

The DB_RECNO option from DB_File uses a single-byte record separator,
so that's out.  Anything else?

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/