[Pdx-pm] OSCON Volunteer opportunities?

David Pool dpool at hevanet.com
Fri Jun 10 18:07:35 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 16:20 -0700, Josh Heumann wrote:
> <quote who="Roth, Gabrielle">
> > Speaking of t-shirts...what's the word?
>
> I'm in the process of connecting our designer with the printer so they can
> chat about formats and stuff I don't understand.
>
> <quote who="David Pool">
>
> > On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 13:43 -0700, chromatic wrote:
> >> Realistically though, how many session passes would the organization
> >> behind a booth receive?
> >
> > Only one.
>
> So it would appear that we're going with one group per booth to maximize
> free passes.  I'll check with Andrew Calvo and see if that's really the
> limit.  They can't really expect one person to man the booth the whole
> time.

By session passes I assumed that c was referring to passes into the
keynote sessions etc. I'm sure O'Reilly would allow several people into
the exhibit hall. In fact they've told me that you can get into there
for free:

"You're
most welcome to sign up for an exhibit hall pass--that's a free pass
that gives you access to the Products & Services sessions, evening
events, and birds of a feather sessions as well as the exhibit hall."

Regarding single or multiple booths, I don't think the decision should
be based on weaseling into the sessions. A big booth looks active while
spreading out looks boring so I'd recommend staffing a single booth
together.