[Pdx-pm] OSCON Volunteer opportunities?

Allison Randal allison at perl.org
Fri Jun 10 15:28:10 PDT 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 14:32, Phil Tomson wrote:

> Ah, good point.  So maybe it would be better to have seperate booths.
> just figured that they had a limit no the number of booths they could
> have.

Not usually. And we're in the Oregon convention center this year,
which'll mean plenty of space in the exhibit hall.

Andrew Calvo is the right person to contact about booth space. I'll
forward Phil and Josh the email I just got from him about it.

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Josh Heumann wrote:
>>
>> I have heard that O'Reilly has opted to hire a company to do setup and
>> eliminated all volunteer opportunities this year.

I just confirmed this with Nat. No volunteers this year.

On Jun 10, 2005, at 11:47, Phil Tomson wrote:
> ...guess I should look into student discounts (not sure if they have
> those, though).

Full-time students get 65% off:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2005/create/ord_os05

Allison