[Pdx-pm] OSCON Volunteer opportunities?

Ovid publiustemp-pdxpm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 12:10:07 PDT 2005

--- Josh Heumann <perl-pm at joshheumann.com> wrote:
> <quote who="Phil Tomson">
> > Anyone heard anything about volunteering at OSCON this year?
>
> I have heard that O'Reilly has opted to hire a company to do setup
> and
> eliminated all volunteer opportunities this year.  I haven't
> confirmed
> this directly with the company yet, but there is no mention of
> volunteering on the website.

If this is true, I wish locals had heard about it sooner.  I imagine
that there are a few people who may have wanted to sign up for early
registration discounts if they couldn't get in free.  Those end in 10
days.  If my talk hadn't been accepted, I'd be waiting for the
volunteer announcements.  I've already seen people asking about them on
the PLUG list.

Cheers,
Ovid