[Pdx-pm] Return of clueless

raa@mailporter.net raa at mailporter.net
Tue Jul 19 16:48:39 PDT 2005

( It's too bad I now know Andy is on this list.  :-)

The saga continues.  I have Test::WWW::Mechanize installed on the WinXP
system.  ( For others that might be interested install via ppm
WWW:Mechanize, Test::LongString and Carp::Assert::More then put the TWM
Mechanize.pm in the $perl/site/lib/Test/WWW directory. )

I created this _very_ simple script -- assuming I could test/learn TWM
incrementally.

use Test::WWW::Mechanize;

my $mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize->new();

$mech->get_ok( "http://config.mailporter.com" );
$mech->title_like( qw/Config/ );

and got this back

You tried to run a test without a plan!  Gotta have a plan. at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Test/WWW/Mechanize.pm line 105
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.

Searching for the word "plan" in every directory I could think of got me
nothing.  Line 105 and its near by friends in TWM Mechanize.pm is this.

     $self->get( $url, %opts );
     my $ok = $self->success;

     $Test->ok( $ok, $desc );
     if ( !$ok ) {
         $Test->diag( $self->status );
         $Test->diag( $self->response->message ) if $self->response;
     }

     return $ok;

This is part of sub get_ok whcih makes sense -- at least to me.

So I thought  @#$%^&  Windows and tried this on a Fedora Core 2 system
and got the same error message.

What am I doing wrong?  Somewhere further back up the Test:: chain is
there a way to create/define a "plan" that I haven't found?

Anyone have a full working example of a TWM script that I can look at?

TIA,
Rod
--

---