[Pdx-pm] Austin's $VERSION trick

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Fri Jul 15 14:11:46 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:56:31PM -0700, Kris Bosland wrote:
> >   package Hello::World::Version;
> >
> >   delete $INC{"Hello/World/Version.pm"};
> >
> >   return 0.01;
>
> Seems like there is still the hard coded separator problem.  Is there a
> way to access this without those separators?

Thankfully, entries in %INC are always Unix style no matter the platform.

Anyone with a Windows machine, I'd be curious to know what it does with:

	require "C:\foo\bar\baz.pl";

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern at pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.