[Pdx-pm] Starting from scratch with Module::Build

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Fri Jul 1 10:18:47 PDT 2005

Greets,

I usually start out on a module project using h2xs to create the
basic files (I always have to go look up the exact command line
syntax in Randal's book on Modules).  Since this isn't something i do
every day, it's nice to feel confident that I haven't forgotten
anything, and all I need to do is edit a template until nothing is
wrong.

With Schwern advocating so aggressively for Module::Build, I figured
I'd migrate away from MakeMaker.  But skimming through the
Module::Build docs and the Module::Build::Cookbook, I don't see
anything analogous to the h2xs command.  If it's there and I didn't
see it, forgive me... if not, how about a one-liner, specified in the
Module::Build docs, that I can go back to time and again?

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/