[Pdx-pm] regex regex

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Thu Jan 27 10:08:15 PST 2005

I have a number of scripts that filter directory contents checking for particular file names.

Today I was asked "will a file named PDX200501270800KEYW.msg be processed by one of your scripts?"

In reality the search is easy because I'll look for the program that handles the work for this particular business group.

However, let's say I had to go through a large (i.e., bigger than I want to vgrep) number of
source files. I'd want a program to look for regexes and then see if this filename would
match.

So I need a regex to find regexes.  Or do I?  Perhaps search for m|(/.*?/)| and then
strip the /s and eval the remainder.

Comments?

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon