[Pdx-pm] Two peas in a perlpod

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Feb 9 09:43:06 PST 2005

I like the idea of embedding pod documentation into the Perl
programs being documented.  However, the structure of the
documentation I want does not exactly match the structure of
the Perl programs and libraries I will have.

Is possible to extract two pod documents from one Perl program,
or extract one pod document from two Perl programs, perhaps by
adding some special pod tags and running a special pod extractor?
For example, I want to generate both a user's and a designer's
doc from the same perl script;  the designer's doc might be
constructed out of multiple perl scripts.

For extra credit, is it possible to direct the same chunk of
embedded pod to multiple pod docs, or to reorder the chunks
of embedded pod documentation into the final pod doc?

Again, I assume enhanced pod extraction mojo will be needed,
probably called by Makefile.PL .  There is no doubt something
that does this in CPAN, but how would I find it?

Just A Newbie Perl Hacker,

Keith