[Pdx-pm] [adam@phase-n.com: [ANNOUNCE] Parse::Perl Planning Meeting: Saturday, August 27, 2005 at 07:00:00 UTC]

Josh Heumann perl-pm at joshheumann.com
Mon Aug 22 09:34:43 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Adam Kennedy <adam at phase-n.com> -----

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:46:33 +1000
From: Adam Kennedy <adam at phase-n.com>
To: parseperl-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: pdxpm at joshheumann.com, Damian Conway <damian at conway.org>,
        Paul Blair <masque at pobox.com>, J Matisse Enzer <matisse at matisse.net>,
        miyagawa at bulknews.net, tonys at oreillynet.com, deirdre_skye at web.de
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Parse::Perl Planning Meeting: Saturday, August 27, 2005
 at 07:00:00 UTC

Greetings folks

I'd like to invite any and all Perl folks with an interest in PPI,
Perl::BestPractice, the Perl::Editor API, currently working on a Perl
editor project, or any other related topics, to the first official
Parse::Perl project planning meeting.

Location:
irc://irc.perl.org/parseperl

Time:
Saturday, August 27, 2005 at 07:00:00 UTC

Given that that we've got people spread across US, Euro and AU, and with
the help of dcnad, I've tried to pick a time that should be at least
equally offensive for everybody.

Basically, late friday night US, earlyish Saturday EU, and Saturday
afternoon in AU

For details on your time zone see

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2005&month=8&day=27&hour=7&min=0&sec=0

Agenda:
Since it's going to be pretty late US and early Saturday in the middle
of the family-activities-month in Euro, we'll be running the meeting to
a tight time table, and for no longer than an hour.

UTC-0700 Call to order, introductions all round
UTC-0710 Project Update and Questions (Adam K)
UTC-0720 Infrastructure Modules Planning and Discussion
         (document caches, metrics database etc)
UTC-0730 Editor Comparison and blue sky thoughts
UTC-0740 Perl::Editor feature discussion (given discussions on point 4.)
UTC-0750 PPI 1.100 Feature Requests, Perl::BestPractice discussion
UTC-0800 Meeting close - General discussion, hacking, and brainstorming

Coordination:
For coordination purposes, all events will be made within 1 minute of
actual synchronized time. You may wish to turn up a little early to be
certain.

Please note although I won't be moderating the channel, please limit any
questions to on topic questions and please shut up if I tell you.

I might move ahead early if we exhaust a topic, but I don't plan on
falling behind. Any remaining discussion at the end of each period can
wait for until general discussion after the meeting.

At least a few people (including me) will be around for a number of
hours afterwards working on various things, so there's plenty of time.

Minutes:
I won't be keeping minutes, but I'd it if someone could log the meeting,
plus a while into the general discussion period, for the benefit of
those that can't attend, and I'll summarize in my use.perl.org journal
afterwards.

That's it, I hope to see you all there. Please feel free to forward this
email to people or other mailing lists you think may be interested.

Adam K

----- End forwarded message -----