[Pdx-pm] Documentation Templates for CGI scripts

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Sat Aug 13 12:41:13 PDT 2005

That is probably a pretty simplistic ( simpleton ) way to put it.

I'm about half way through Damian Conway's "Perl Best Practices" and
having a great read.  As a _very_ part time coder I had, and let grow,
some very sloppy habits.  Some of those, as I read the book, it seems
are baggage from perl 4.0.36 on DOS.

One thing that I didn't see addressed in the Documentation chapter is how
to document _invisible_ scripts.  Those that only a coder will look but
aren't really modules.  Maybe it's my naivety but I don't see the "normal"
pod documentation doing much good in these since they should almost never
be run from a command line.

What I'm interested in is how those of you that write web apps document
your code.

Thanks,
Rod