[Pdx-pm] Testing demo ideas

Randall Hansen randall at sonofhans.net
Mon Sep 13 12:29:09 CDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 9:24 AM, Ovid wrote:

> Also, I prefer working with object oriented code, but I also realize
> that some of you may have no experience ...

first, i agree with all your ground rules.  especially for a 60-minute
presentation.

i think that if you're creating only one class then OO is appropriate.
a test-driven introduction to OO will make good sense, i think.
test::more is pretty intuitive, and showing people that $obj->name
tests or fails depending on input is a very practical way of teaching
OO.

it will also pair the concepts in the minds of those not yet polluted,
which is a good thing.