[Pdx-pm] Module::*, installing more than just modules?

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Mon Oct 18 10:59:58 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 03:11:14PM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> That's too bad.  ExtUtils::MakeMaker makes a makefile that correctly
> mangles a "#! ... perl" into whatever is needed on that system.
> So that says that Module::Build is a step backwards.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!
See Module::Build::fix_shebang_line().

He probably didn't tell M::B where to find the scripts.  Unlike MakeMaker it
doesn't have a default (which, to me, is the real step backwards).

           script_files
               An optional parameter specifying a set of files that should be
               installed as executable perl scripts when the module is
               installed.  May be given as an array reference of the files, or
               as a hash reference whose keys are the files (and whose values
               will currently be ignored).

               The default is to install no script files - in other words,
               there is no default location where Module::Build will look for
               script files to install.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Death was thought to be fatal.