[Pdx-pm] Emulate a file in memory?

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Fri Oct 1 13:22:37 CDT 2004

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> Here is what I'm trying to do.  Create an application that stores data
> in a SQLite database stored in memory.  When done or before using the
> data; encrypt/decrypt the whole thing, before/after a save-to/read-from
> disk.  Of course a DataDumper like datastructure  would work also but
> I'm a SQL/database kind of thinker.

In that case, maybe you should use DBD::AnyData (formerly called
DBD::RAM) which can create in-memory databases.  Dump from SQLite into
the in-memory database, manipulate it as desired, dump from the
in-memory database back to SQLite, all using SQL.

Then again, maybe I misunderstand what you want to accomplish or am just
applying my hammer (I'm the author of DBD::AnyData) to that thing that
looks like a nail to me.

--
Jeff