[Pdx-pm] DBD::mysql

James marks jamarks at jamarks.com
Wed Mar 31 02:56:21 CST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 12:52 AM, Kyle Dawkins wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sorry to jump in on this so late, but when I first installed Panther
> on my laptop I had to do this to get the Mysql perl mods to install:
>
> "...Edit
>
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm
>
> and change the line
>
> ld="MACOSX_...."
>
> to read
>
> ld="env MACOSX_...."
>
> and then you'll be able to build Mysql (and a few others)..."

I've successfully installed and used MySQL. The problem I'm having is
I'm apparently unable to install the Perl module "DBD::mysql" which is
needed for a number of Perl scripts I'm studying.

I've installed quite a few other Perl modules without any problems.
It's just this one that repeatedly returns the message: "make had
returned bad status, install seems impossible"

I've tried as many of the suggestions given here as I've been able to
but am still unable to install the module.

The problem seems to involve a problem with the process running the
-MCPAN script in locating the "mysql_config" file. I'm currently trying
to set the options from the command line. I'm pretty new to Perl, Unix
and working from the command line but I'm plugging away at it and am
confident (ok, hopeful) that I'll figure it out at some point.

I'll add your suggestions to my list of things to try!

:)

Thanks!

James