[Pdx-pm] Re: Pass by reference(?)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Mar 24 00:22:30 CST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Greg Minter wrote:

>   The param() method will also accept a hash reference, so you don't
> need to use a loop. The lines:

>    can be replaced by :
>
>          $add_plans->param(  \%SUI);
>
>     This is described in the HTML::Template page.

Geez.  I don't remember this at all and obviously I should have re-read
the page.

>    By the way, if your only task is filling in values on form fields,
>  then check out the CPAN
> module HTML::FillInForm. It does all the work of filling in values for
> all types of input fields,
> even radio buttons and selections.

Not forms - templates.  I ended up using HTML::Template instead of
Template-Toolkit because of a problem with getting TT on a Win2K system.
Probably me and I wasn't willing to put too much work into it as the
hounds were breathing down my neck.

>    I hope this helps,

It did.  Thanks.

Rod