[Pdx-pm] question: moving script from unix to windows

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Mon Jun 7 17:12:53 CDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, aspen 108 wrote:

> the script will work fine for a while, then it will die and say "unable to
> open 27.png..." after perfectly opening and putting out the first 26 with
> lovely true type fonts.

I'm not sure, but it sounds as if you're running out of something (memory,
perhaps) after your program has been running for a while. Perhaps there's
a memory leak, or some other resource that is being consumed. (This may be
associated with the TrueType fonts; rendering characters can gobble
memory.)

If you keep many complex images in memory at once, that could do it. Try
making $image a lexical ("my") variable which is reinitialized for each
new drawing, if you aren't doing that already. Double-check that you're
not keeping some unneeded global variables.

If the problem is a bug in the library, though, you may need to relaunch
your application after every twenty or so images. That's more of a
workaround than a fix, though.

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix