[Pdx-pm] Net::SSH::Perl

Robby Russell robbyrussell at pdxlug.org
Thu Jan 29 10:58:27 CST 2004

Tom Phoenix typed this on 01/28/2004 04:54 PM:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Robby Russell wrote:
>

>>I am trying to use Net::SSH::Perl to send ssh commands to a remote
>>server and it doesn't seem to be connecting.
>

> Does the debug mode tell you that it's connecting, or why not?
>
> --Tom Phoenix

Thanks, the debug helped. It was missing Term/ReadKey. Now on to the
next problem

[snip]
dev: Reading configuration data /var/www/.ssh/config
dev: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
dev: Connecting to 67.126.xxx.xxx, port 22.
dev: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.7p1
dev: Net::SSH::Perl Version 1.25, protocol version 1.5.
dev: No compat match: OpenSSH_3.7p1.
dev: Connection established.
dev: Waiting for server public key.
dev: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
dev: Host '67.126.xxx.xxx' is known and matches the host key.
dev: Encryption type: DES3
dev: Sent encrypted session key.
dev: Received encryption confirmation.
dev: RSA authentication failed: Can't load public key.
dev: Doing challenge response authentication.
Password:
[/snip]

(prompts for password...which it shouldn't do)

To test that the key works, I just tried to ssh to the machine. No
password requested.

$ ssh statususer at 67.126.xxx.xxx
[statususer at primaryfax statususer]$

So, I am now trying to figure out why perl can't load the public key but
regular ssh can.

Any thoughts?

runs back to the documentation,

-Robby