[Pdx-pm] Want good examples of perl application installs

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Mon Dec 13 14:49:25 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 03:42:40PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> * Rewrite install.sh as a thin wrapper around the Makefile.PL to preserve
>   that nice question/answer session.
>
> This unfortunately creates a dependency on A) make or B) Module::Build.

	I've been thinking about bundling M::B with my packages  so that
I don't have to worry about M::B not being installed anywhere or the installed
version being incompatible with my Build.PL file.
	The former issue where M::B isn't installed is pretty annoying if you
end up trying to install someplace where CPAN isn't readily available.

	That said, M::B still has some issues that are actively being worked
on, such as the lack of an 'uninstall' option.

	Austin