[Pdx-pm] Between MySQL and PostgreSQL I prefer...

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Aug 13 12:44:46 CDT 2004

>>>>> "Josh" == Josh Heumann <perl-pm at joshheumann.com> writes:

Josh> "Between MySQL and PostgreSQL I prefer..." is an attempt to see
Josh> what we're using in the local perl community.  I know there are
Josh> other db systems out there, but this is simply a
Josh> PostgreSQL/MySQL debate.  As with all internet polls, this is
Josh> strictly unscientific, but attempt to only vote once.

Without so much as trying to pretend I'm not lobbying, be sure you
read <http://www.wlug.org.nz/PostgresVsMysql> and the referenced links
(especially <http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html>) before voting.

:-)