[Pdx-pm] log base 10

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Fri Apr 9 03:07:28 CDT 2004

>>>>> "DS" == darthsmily  <darthsmily at verizon.net> writes:

DS> *coughpendanticcough*

To borrow a phrase:  "It takes one to precisely describe one."

DS> He didn't specify a language, so I thought I'd be a smart ass and
DS> toss out some basic code.

Fair enough.  :) I just have a nearly-physical aversion to magic
numbers, and that one is relatively obscure as digit strings go
(compared to 3.14159, 2.71828, 0.618, etc.)  Of course, if someone were
sufficiently motivated, they would have just consulted the Inverse
Symbolic Calculator:

   http://www.cecm.sfu.ca/cgi-bin/isc/lookup?number=2.30258509299405&lookup_type=simple

Oh, and I didn't mean to use M_PI directly... it was more of a hint to
look there for other useful magic numbers.

Cheers,
t.