[Pdx-pm] Mac OS X 10.3

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Nov 13 01:46:25 CST 2003

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael G Schwern <schwern at pobox.com> writes:

Michael> If you want a newer Perl, install it into
Michael> /usr/local/perl5.x.y and put a symlink in /usr/local/bin.
Michael> Configure it so that /Library/Perl is added when it asks you
Michael> for extra directories for @INC.

I put my OSX Perl in /opt/perl/snap (for "snapshot") with the Configure
line of:

  ./Configure -des -Dusedevel -Uversiononly -Dprefix=/opt/perl/snap -Dlocincpth=/sw/include -Dloclibpth=/sw/lib -Dperladmin=merlyn at stonehenge.com

Note that I have fink installed, so I need to include the two /sw dirs as well.