[Pdx-pm] saving state with CGI.pm

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Nov 4 21:05:40 CST 2003

>>>>> "John" == John Springer <john at digitalmx.com> writes:

John> I have users going through several forms to collect information, and
John> I'm saving the state of the CGI object in a session file. But I want
John> to keep a "running list" of all the data that has been set across all
John> the forms, so the user can bounce back and forth without losing
John> anything.  I got it to work but it's awkward and took a lot of trial
John> and error.

Consider the code at
<http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col40.html> as a
possible solution.  It's using client-side state management, but
that's certainly a viable solution.