[Pdx-pm] [marsee@oreilly.com: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG Program, May 6]

Joshua Keroes jkeroes at eli.net
Tue May 13 12:10:48 CDT 2003

Here are some OSCON-related items snipped from the latest O'Reilly
newsletter that you might be interested in:

----- Forwarded message from Marsee Henon <marsee at oreilly.com> -----
From: Marsee Henon <marsee at oreilly.com>
To: ua at pobox.com
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:58:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG Program, May 6

***Hackathon July 6 & 7
Pick an open source project, gather a group of hackers, and descend on
the Hackathon. We'll provide the room, bandwidth, tables, chairs, and
white boards--you provide the code. Space is limited. If you are
interested in participating, send email to oscon03hackathon at oreilly.com
by June 1, 2003.

http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/

***Early Bird Discount
User Group members who register before May 23, 2003 get a double
discount. Use code DSUG when you register, and you'll get 20% off the
"Early Bird" price.

To register, go to:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2003/create/ord_os03

***OSCON Keynotes
Nathan Torkington: "I've had people asking me what's up with OSCON this
year--is anything interesting happening or can they skip it and watch
'Alias' reruns instead. I can't make your decision for you (the
relative attractiveness of the Alias lady and Larry Wall is something
I'll leave to you to weigh) but I can definitely talk a little about
what I'm jazzed about." http://www.onlamp.com/pub/wlg/3151

----- End forwarded message -----