[Pdx-pm] php for perl programmers

schwern at pobox.com schwern at pobox.com
Wed Mar 12 06:10:37 CST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 05:52:55PM -0800, perl-pm wrote:
> I need to learn php quickly.  Every time I've played with it, it's looked
> remarkably similar to perl, but I'm finding a few things that are really
> weird.  Does anyone know of any good resources for perl programmers wanting
> to learn php?

Brigitte Jellinek gave a nice talk at the German Perl Workshop about the
differences between PHP and Perl (mostly what PHP gets wrong) entitled
"PHP - Eine Ann¨aherung".  As you may have guessed, its in German.
If you happen to read German, I have a copy of the GPW proceedings you
could borrow.  Even if you don't read German (I don't) you can get quite
a lot from looking at the code comparisons.