[Pdx-pm] gt b4 OSCON?

Joe Oppegaard joe at oppegaard.net
Mon Jun 30 02:48:12 CDT 2003

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 12:15 PM, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

> I flew into PDX last Friday and will be around until after OSCON.  I'm
> planning on crashing the pdx.pm meeting during OSCON but I thought
> that perhaps some people wouldn't mind a social get together in the
> coming week.  A couple of people on the DateTime list and myself have
> been discussing a movie next weekend as well, if anyone is interested.

I don't know if you have anything planned for the 4th, but Vancouver
(the town right across the Columbia River) has one of the best firework
shows this side of the Mississippi. The place most people go and watch
is at the fort. From I-5 I'd say is about 1 mile north of the river,
and a couple miles or so east. It's hard to miss, just follow where
everyone else is going. :)

Public transportation (C-TRAN) in Vancouver is free that day if you're
heading to the fort. Portland busses do go to the downtown Vancouver
bus transit center, so you shouldn't have any problem getting there.

I don't how many mongers already have plans for the 4th, but maybe we
could have an informal get together at the fort to watch some fireworks
and have some fun.

	-Joe Oppegaard